PPC News Roundup for 11/6/2009
November 6, 2009
- AdWords has made it even easier to track conversions. The tool has been redesigned and now includes 3 tabs – Conversions, Webpages and Code to help manage your data. Emily Williams at Inside AdWords gives a quick run down on each of the tabs.
- Ad copy is the first impression a potential customer has of your business, so it is an important part of your PPC campaign. As part of the SEM Beginner Series, the Microsoft Advertising Community stresses the importance of strong Ad Copy along with tips and tricks for writing successful ads.
- You know how some people are so competitive, they have to be number one no matter what the cost? That might work in some arenas, but it’s not the best way to handle your PPC bids. If bidding your ads into a higher position doesn’t increase your conversion rate…you don’t need to be there! No matter how cool it makes you feel.
- The RKG blog discusses the relative importance to your PPC accounts of quality score vs bids– and why focusing on quality score strategy may be a beginner’s mistake. “Get it right then move on”.
- It’s a common thought that branded keywords convert better than non-branded keywords. While, this is usually true, Search Engine Land is asking, Should You Bid All Brand Keywords To The First Position? The post suggests that just because their branded doesn’t mean the first position is most efficient.
- Looking for ways to revamp your emailing marketing? Search Engine Land is offering 5 Tips for Effective Email Copywriting. Some of the topics covered include: focusing on the subject line, mix promotional and informational, involve your readers, and make a clear call to action.
- Hitting your clients’ goals each month is mission number one. But you need to stay within your allotted budget as well. Josh Dreller at Search Engine Land has written a helpful article on 4 ways budgets get off track and some tips for fixing them.
Browse By Category
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.