PPC News Roundup for 11/6/2009
- AdWords has made it even easier to track conversions. The tool has been redesigned and now includes 3 tabs – Conversions, Webpages and Code to help manage your data. Emily Williams at Inside AdWords gives a quick run down on each of the tabs.
- Ad copy is the first impression a potential customer has of your business, so it is an important part of your PPC campaign. As part of the SEM Beginner Series, the Microsoft Advertising Community stresses the importance of strong Ad Copy along with tips and tricks for writing successful ads.
- You know how some people are so competitive, they have to be number one no matter what the cost? That might work in some arenas, but it’s not the best way to handle your PPC bids. If bidding your ads into a higher position doesn’t increase your conversion rate…you don’t need to be there! No matter how cool it makes you feel.
- The RKG blog discusses the relative importance to your PPC accounts of quality score vs bids– and why focusing on quality score strategy may be a beginner’s mistake. “Get it right then move on”.
- It’s a common thought that branded keywords convert better than non-branded keywords. While, this is usually true, Search Engine Land is asking, Should You Bid All Brand Keywords To The First Position? The post suggests that just because their branded doesn’t mean the first position is most efficient.
- Looking for ways to revamp your emailing marketing? Search Engine Land is offering 5 Tips for Effective Email Copywriting. Some of the topics covered include: focusing on the subject line, mix promotional and informational, involve your readers, and make a clear call to action.
- Hitting your clients’ goals each month is mission number one. But you need to stay within your allotted budget as well. Josh Dreller at Search Engine Land has written a helpful article on 4 ways budgets get off track and some tips for fixing them.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!