PPC News Roundup for 3/20/2009
March 20, 2009
- Just in case you haven’t heard, Microsoft adCenter has upgraded their conversion tracking options. Read this post to get all the details and find out how to update the tracking code on your site.
- The Google AdWords Agency blog announced yesterday that you can now add in display ads with coupons in them. The coupon ads are new templates that are located in the display ad builder feature. These new coupon display ads can be build in several different sizes and may very well help increase click-through rates and hopefully revenue over your typical branded display ads with no offer.
- It’s that time of year: spring cleaning! The Yahoo Search Marketing blog has presented five things you should do tidy up in your PPC accounts to improve your performance. The list isn’t very detailed but it can give you some inspiration on where you can clean up your accounts. Now, get your feather duster out!
- MSN adCenter has announced three new conversion counting options for PPC accounts. With these changes you can track first-click conversions, multiple conversions from one users, and all-in conversion reporting (tracking all conversions). Since these were just announced this week, we haven’t explored these options yet but it’s good to see MSN making progress!
- The Post-Click Marketing Blog has the cure for two popular online marketing pains: landing page management and great post-click marketing. Read their helpful to find the prescriptions that will cure what ails ya.
- Looking for another source of great PPC advice? Check out Click Equation’s new “Learn” section. There you can find informative whitepapers, webinars and blog posts on PPC. Check it out.
- Good advice: Your ad is only as effective as your landing page. Jake at the RKG Blog uses a “monkey in the forest” metaphor to explain how important it is to provide, clear, concise information to your PPC visitors with a thoughtful landing page.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.