PPC News Roundup for Friday 7/10/2009
July 10, 2009
- Semgeek posted about the possibility of PPC Ads in Movie Theatres. At first I thought how do you “Pay per Click” in a movie theatre? OK, so they don’t mean actual PPC, but the post does have interesting things to say about geo-targeting and marketing in general.
- Still think you can make thousands of dollars a week working from home for Google? Hate to break it to you, but it’s a scam, and Google is finally cracking down. Whether it’s to protect the public or just cover them, AdWords is now banning ads with keywords that look related to these phony ads. It’ll be nice to see them gone.
- Melissa at Search Engine Watch has a really useful article on utilizing geo-targeting to bid on more general keywords without draining a PPC budget. Used properly, it can be a great tool for national advertisers and result in some truly quality leads.
- A continuation of the cool landing page makeover series from Roberta Rosenburg at Copyblogger, complete with pictures! Nice. Good specific and general advice for landing page best practices, plus you can look through their whole series (they’re on #17).
- This series is just a good reference: stuff you can do in Excel for SEMs. I don’t know about you, but this program amazes and frustrates me on a daily basis, so this is nice to see.
- There is a nice case study on the Yahoo! blog that claims less people are watching TV and requesting print publications in the travel industry – therefore, they realized online was the place to be. By combining sponsored search and display ads together, traffic to the case study site doubled and conversions increased dramatically.
- Inside AdWords has posted a helpful article in their ‘new interface series.’ This week they discuss a new feature that you may not be utilizing just yet but it could make your PPC management much faster and easier: spreadsheet editing.
- Ion Interactive always post very enlightening articles. Recently, they published the ‘7 levels of landing page optimization.’ A helpful resource to understand the various layers of landing page optimization.
- Bing continues to acquire search engine share. Search Engine Watch has posted a study showing a steady increase of search volume. Something to keep an eye on.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.