PPC News Roundup for January 16, 2009
January 16, 2009
Happy Friday everyone! We’re having a heat wave here in Indiana, with the temps supposed to get up to 14 degrees today. I call it a heat wave based on the sub-zero temperatures we encountered yesterdays. Grab your cup of hot coffee and enjoy this week’s blog roundup.
- I definitely take AdWords functionality for granted when compared to Yahoo!, or even worse, AdCenter. AdCenter always seems to be behind in the times, but at least now, you can finally pick custom date ranges for your accounts. About time don’t you think?
- What can you do to monitor offline orders that stem from your PPC efforts? Ryan Gibson over at the Rimm-Kaufman blog offers up some advice to discover untracked PPC sales.
- Apparently, Google doesn’t like it when you load in different match types of a keyword into your ad group, such as shoes, “shoes”, and [shoes]. Search Engine Roundtable has the scoop.
- More economic doom and gloom to brighten your day – Online display ad pricing dropped for the fourth quarter of 2008. You can find more information here, courtesy of Search Engine Watch.
- Here’s a good example of how not to set up a landing page. It is cluttered and definitely doesn’t funnel the user to a specific feature of the page. Tisk tisk, Insight Business!
- AdWords Editor is pretty great, for the most part. David Rodnitzky at Blogation uncovered an issue with custom targeting with Editor. Definitely worth a look if you have custom geo-targeting in any of your campaigns.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.