PPC News Roundup for January 2, 2009
January 2, 2009
- Need to save some money on PPC this year? Website Magazine has 5 solid tips for doing just that. These helpful solutions range from reviewing your match type strategy, negative keyword use, account structure, ad scheduling and even taking a look at the search engines you’re using.
- A serious concern on the minds of many marketers is how their PPC campaigns could be affected by a recession. Marketing Profs offers up 10 tips to recession-proof lead-generation PPC campaigns. Of the 10 helpful tips, #10 is my favorite: “Don’t Panic”
- The first “best advice” of 2009 comes from SEM Geek. One of the most effective methods for keyword research is none other than “reading your own damn content.” Why? It’s free, helps identify campaign structure, identifies long tail keywords, improves landing page Quality Score and helps to create an onging PPC strategy.
- Scott Brinker at Post Click Marketing has written a summary of an article from Media Post. The original article has some interesting thoughts on supercharging your online marketing campaigns. However, I also liked Scott’s summary and additional thoughts on the sub-categories of “post click marketing.” Scott has added 3 new sub-categories that take place after a user clicks onto your site.
- The WPromoter has a post on how Amazon reported the best holiday season ever in 2008. How is this when it seems like every other retailer is down in revenue? Amazon is a large beast and at a time when everyone is looking for a deal, they go to Amazon. You can advertise via PPC on Amazon…
- If you listen to one person’s advice this year let it be this guy: Brian Carter from Search Engine Journal writes how he thinks that PPC is the best online marketing channel. A couple of good reasons, PPC can get you a great ROI and instant targeted traffic are just some of his reasons.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.