PPC News Roundup for July 9, 2008
- Looking to be a guest blogger on a popular SEM blog? Look no further! Michael Gray from Graywolf’s SEO blog is looking to accept guest posts to his blog. He only has a few requirements; the post must be educational, informative or entertaining and must have correct grammar!
- Arnold from Search Engine Journal writes about Google’s new keyword tool including search volume data in additional to the green bars. With the new search volume data, advertisers can easily check the estimated number of search queries on Google and its search network.
- Microsoft adCenter is no longer Microsoft adCenter; their PPC program is now called Microsoft Online LP. This should not affect your MSN accounts but we just wanted to make you aware of the name change.
- We love a good metaphor! And Scott over at Ion Interactive is conjured a good one: How air travel is like search marketing and landing pages. Sure, this may sound a little far-fetched, and yes, it’s an extended metaphor but it works! See your paid search marketing in a new light.
- We’ve tested 7Search in the past but the results have never been very positive. However, they have recently revamped their services, platform and website. This doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re going to open a new account with them today but it’s always helpful to keep tabs on the smaller, alternative paid search avenues.
- This week, Yahoo! explained their “budget smoothing” system. Basically, this is how Yahoo! paces your ads out through the course of the day to even out your budget. Since there is no way to turn this off like in AdWords (Accelerated vs. Standard delivery), Yahoo! suggests increasing your budget or bidding on low CPC/long tail keywords.
- Over at Search Engine Roundtable, Barry wrote today that “adCenter begins to outpace Yahoo!” Basically, a few prominent PPC advertisers discussed in forums that their PPC spend increased in adCenter for June, surpassing their spend for Yahoo!. While this is interesting, even more so being reported by 2 advertisers, I don’t feel this is the signal that Yahoo! is down for the count. MSN is still the 3rd tier spender and performer for all of my accounts. Besides, there are countless factors that go into your PPC spend! Bids, budgets, etc… I’d like to take a look at all of the facts before agreeing that “Microsoft is beating Yahoo at the search ad business.”
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!