PPC News Roundup for June 13, 2007
June 13, 2007
- There is an awful lot of chatter about Ask. Regardless if their search alterations are generating better results, the certainly are causing a stir in the blogosphere. Ask is touting their new morph and in-line search functions. SE Round Table asks if the “The Algorithm” campaign is working. Search Insider dissects Ask’s new SERP and gives some very interesting insight.
- Microsoft is making strides with adLab. They already launched a handful of useful tools, and looks like they’ve got more complex tools in store for the future.
- While everyone else is touting the growth of paid search advertising, ClickZ is reporting the steady downfall of ROI (43% under last year!). Grokdotcom argues that it’s time marketers avoided paid search and concentrated on organic strategies. However, for all the reasons listed in that post, I could find ways to apply them to improving paid search ROI as well.
- Several sources reported on Google’s update to the Landing Page Quality Score. PPC Discussions reports no abnormal changes and asks if anyone else saw a change in minimum bids.
- Search Engine Roundtable talks about Google’s new Placement Performance report and discusses repercussions to both advertisers and AdSense publishers.
- Controversy sparks when David Naylor posts a blog about searchmash.com, a new search engine Google is testing.
- SEO Moz digs deep into identifying long tail search patterns.
- This is an example of how the new Ask UI yields greater user satisfaction.
Browse By Category
Update Bids and Monitor Changes with AdWords Scripts
Explore different ways to use Google Sheets and AdWords Scripts to change bids and handle uploads. Get started with creating your own bidding system!
Google Speed Update – What It Means & The PPC Impact
The Google Indexing Speed Update implemented site speed as a SERP ranking factor for mobile web pages. Learn how the update could affect your PPC campaigns.
Dynamic Search Ads for Advanced Users
Explore a few advanced ways to use Dynamic Search Ads in your account!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
What is 3rd Party Data and How Do You Use it?
Data is everywhere in online advertising. 3rd party data is an extremely useful way of getting your message in front of the right prospects. But what is 3rd party data and how do i use it.
Launch Your Multi-App Marketing Strategy
Understand what three things you need to know to start your Multi-App Marketing strategy.
Time for an Honest Discussion about RSA's
Join Hanapin’s Matt Umbro and Directive Consulting’s Garrett Mehrguth as they engage in an honest discussion about responsive search ads, walking through all the pros and cons and advice around using the new ad type in your campaigns.
Load More »