PPC News Roundup for March 13, 2009
March 13, 2009
It’s been an interesting week. I turned 26, which seems to be rather boring. I’m off to Denver and Boulder next week for spring break, hooray! Don’t fret though, someone else will get the roundup for you. Hope you all are doing well. Here’s the roundup for the week.
- Your ability to optimize your distribution within the Google Content Network just got more complicated. You can target specific websites, you can target users by demographics, and now you can target users by their interests. This application is still in beta but should be rolled out to the all advertisers in later 2009.
- We write frequently about keyword research, and the tools that are available to conduct this research. Portent Interactive has posted a good article on keyword tools that aren’t really keyword tools. Basically, these are alternative sources to find keywords outside your usual modes of research!
- Ask.com. If you use it, their blog has a post on interpreting Hitwise statistics on longer search queries. Again, if you use it, take a gander.
- Did anyone use the Microsoft adCenter Analytics beta? Well if you did, it’s over, and Microsoft thanks you for your contributions. Cheers.
- Our favorite Analytics Guru, Avinash Kaushik, brings us Aggregation of Marginal Gains: Recession Busting Analytics!
Browse By Category
Remarketing to User Actions Instead of Page Visits
Explore how to use Google Tag Manager to segment your remarketing audiences to test out new user behavior such as user actions.
In-Market Audiences: Bing's Latest Targeting Feature
Bing Ads recently released a new intent based audience targeting for search campaigns called in-market audiences.
Automated Bidding Strategies By The Numbers
Explore the numbers that will be useful in determining which automated bidding strategy aligns with your goals and the data needed to get that strategy off the ground.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Responsive Search Ads: Why We Love/Hate Them
We've had some time to try out the new RSA's, and it's time for an honest discussion.
Facebook Ads Auction: How Does It Work?
Curious as to how Facebook Ads Auction works? Get a breakdown of the auction components to get a better understanding.
New Research! The State of Paid Social
In our new 2018 State of Paid Social report, we share the latest data on paid social advertising trends in a variety of networks including Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube, collected from over 400 marketers at brands and agencies.
Load More »