PPC News Roundup for March 6, 2008
March 5, 2008
- Shimon Sandler from shimonsandler.com gives 8 methods for tracking phone conversions through search advertising. A few methods include: Creating a unique landing page with a unique 800# and to generate a unique “promo code” by placing all your keywords in a database and assign them an individual ID.
- It is often difficult to determine how decreasing or increasing your daily campaign budgets will affect your traffic. How much traffic are you missing out on if you have tight budgets set? Google is looking to give you a little help in answering these questions by providing a new daily budget analysis tool. This may not answer every question you have, but we’ll utilize any tool that comes our way!
- The list of attributes that contribute to your Google Quality Score keeps on growing. Just when we thought the Quality Score was complex enough, Google adds in one more factor: landing page load time score. This means that your page loading is now given a score and this affects your overall Quality Score. In today’s fast-paced society users don’t want to wait for pages that take longer than two seconds to load. Moral of the story: keep your landing pages simple and easy-to-load.
- As you know, we talk about PPC. It’s what we do. But we want you to keep in mind that you should be coordinating your paid search efforts with your non-paid efforts (i.e. SEO). Julie Batten has written a good article on doing just this: coordinating your organic & paid search efforts.
- Decreased traffic but increased conversions? In this seoptimise post, Google claims to have reduced accidental clicks and forced advertisers to make their landing page content more relevant which helped increase conversions.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.