PPC News Roundup For November 14th, 2008
Quite the week for PPC news if I do say so myself. We also have a ton of SEO news that can be found at our sidekick site, SEO Boy! Further, I would like to give two thumbs down to the turn to winter. If only PPC Hero had the ability to change the weather. I may have to look into that … Anyways, here’s the weekly goods:
- Sometimes trying to target the long tail can be difficult. Scott Brinker over at Ion Interactive has some useful tips to consider when developing your long tail marketing strategy. Central to this strategy is implementing landing pages that will be relevant to your customers.
- Google Site Search is nothing brand spankin’ new or exciting, but now within site search is the ability to click an “Index Now” button to have Google index your site within hours. Andy Beal with Marketing Pilgrim has the scoop.
- QA’s with Google people are always helpful. Here are the meat and potatoes from one such QA session, provided by Web Pro News.
- Over on Search Engine Land they have a great post on 8 don’ts and 7 do’s for Holiday eCommerce. Some of these tips include don’t blindly test, don’t make major site changes and don’t forget your gift finder or recommended gift buying section. Be sure to supplement this with our own holiday blog series!
- We have written previously on Google Ad Planner and recently Google announced that they have added new features and that the application has a wider availability. Now, you can define your audience by keywords and geography, manage your site results and analyze your media plan all within Ad Planner. This is a helpful tool and you should give it a try.
- This post from Fuel Interactive is a great resource for individuals who are new to PPC. Brian exposes 5 super dumb mistakes that are commonly made in AdWords. Keep in mind, these mistakes can also be made in any PPC campaign!
- Alan Rimm-Kaufman ruminates on the “prisoner’s dilemma” in holiday promotions for 2008. With so many retailers cutting prices to gain an edge during the holiday shopping season, you are forced to do the same. But is it the right decision? “Promotions are where many retailers are heading. It is going to be an extremely rough-and-tumble Q4 in retail this season.”
- Is AdWords Quality Score Like SEO? That’s what Andrew Goodman is asking this week. Optimizing landing pages for SEO and PPC still require separate strategies, despite what some people are saying. I would agree with Andrew that “AdWords=SEO” certainly misses the mark.
Browse By Category
Top Tips for Building Your Digital Marketing Team
While hiring is only one part of building your team, hiring the right candidates to add to your team is a vital step in building a high performing team. Molly Nagy, Senior HR Coordinator, talks about her experience working with hiring managers within and outside...
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Get To Know Your Customer Better with Detailed Demographics
Google has added greater ability to see who is searching for your products. Learn about some of the benefits of adding these new lists.
PPC Testing: Your Key to Innovation
Being an account manager means that you are constantly walking the balance between what is ideal and what is possible.
Keeping Up in the Digital World
Tips to help focus your day and tackle the demands of the fast paced digital marketing work space.