PPC News Roundup For November 21st, 2008
- Google has created a US search based keyword tool. Over at search engine round table they have posted a screen shot and the new features which includes keywords that you may not be advertising on that would possibly bring in a good ROI.
- Search Engine Land write that Microsoft says it’s open to search-only deal with Yahoo!. The deal would consist of Yahoo outsourcing search and SEM to Microsoft in exchange for guaranteed revenues over a several year period. If this deal does take place, Microsoft and Yahoo search combined would only control about 30% of the consumer search marketing in the US according to SEL.
- Beat this! Beat what, you ask? A CTR of 92,233,720,368,547,776.00% of course.
- iMedia Connection gives us 8 myths that haunt online marketers. Spoooooooky. Maybe not, but worth a read anyways.
- SEMvironment does a great job of responding to the “disconnect between PPC and SEO spending” controversy. Based on a post from SEOmoz and a SERP heatmap, this article explains that in the end it’s never a good decision to choose one over the other. The truth is – they compliment one another!
- Always remember that a small change on your landing page can have big impact on your conversion rate. The Mind Valley Lab team pushed an article today on how the increased their conversion rate by 15% with one small change. What small change can you make to your landing page to get this kind of result?
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!