PPC News Roundup For November 21st, 2008
November 21, 2008
- Google has created a US search based keyword tool. Over at search engine round table they have posted a screen shot and the new features which includes keywords that you may not be advertising on that would possibly bring in a good ROI.
- Search Engine Land write that Microsoft says it’s open to search-only deal with Yahoo!. The deal would consist of Yahoo outsourcing search and SEM to Microsoft in exchange for guaranteed revenues over a several year period. If this deal does take place, Microsoft and Yahoo search combined would only control about 30% of the consumer search marketing in the US according to SEL.
- Beat this! Beat what, you ask? A CTR of 92,233,720,368,547,776.00% of course.
- iMedia Connection gives us 8 myths that haunt online marketers. Spoooooooky. Maybe not, but worth a read anyways.
- SEMvironment does a great job of responding to the “disconnect between PPC and SEO spending” controversy. Based on a post from SEOmoz and a SERP heatmap, this article explains that in the end it’s never a good decision to choose one over the other. The truth is – they compliment one another!
- Always remember that a small change on your landing page can have big impact on your conversion rate. The Mind Valley Lab team pushed an article today on how the increased their conversion rate by 15% with one small change. What small change can you make to your landing page to get this kind of result?
Browse By Category
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.