PPC News Roundup for November 28th, 2008
November 28, 2008
I hope everyone is enjoying their turkey day break! Knock out that food coma from yesterday with a little Brain Age – PPC Hero style. Gobble Gobble!
- Jeremy Mayes at PPC Discussions has been keeping track of every AdWords ad he’s clicked on over the past 60 days. After 100 clicks, he’s realized that 110 of them landed on a dead (404 error) page! Simply amazing.
- Note to self, stick to the facts when writing about Quality Score. Andrew Goodman discovered a white paper on Quality Score that was a little grey on the facts. He just wants to make sure that your PPC agency is paying attention to all of the facts!
- Brad Geddes has a post on Google’s display ad builder tool. He says it lets you build images, flash and widget ads from pre-made templates. He even has a YouTube video to watch and learn. I think it’s cool for people who are in the mode of trying something new or for people who are new to advertising and wants to see if these special kinds of ads will work for them.
- The Google Agency blog has started a Quality Score Fact of the Day series that highlights questions that Google reps get from account managers and advertisers. Last Monday’s fact was that showing up in a higher position will not benefit your Quality Score. Although higher-ranked ads may typically earn better click-through rates, Quality Score is normalized to compensate for performance differences resulting from ad position.
- Matt McGee thinks you should use another keyword tool – Keywordfinder. We have countless keyword tools, but Keywordfinder is a Yahoo-based tool, which can be of use. Check out his thoughts and see if it can be useful for any of your campaigns.
- Hyper-Targeting? Huh? Don’t worry; it just involves landing page relevancy. Read on, Ion Interactive has the scoop.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.