PPC News Roundup for October 17th, 2008
October 17, 2008
- We all know that search marketing is a complex beast – Much more than most people would think. Ion Interactive drafts out a ‘Search Marketing Maturity Model‘ to help get a broad picture of the processes involved in search marketing. Interesting stuff, if we do say so ourselves.
- Playing the role of fortune teller, Stephen Shankland over at CNET compiles analysts’ predictions for search-advertising spending in the not too distant future. Grim, but accurate? These predictions will continue to change over time, so don’t fret too much!
- A few weeks ago, Amber recapped Google’s holiday webinar titled ‘Make the Most of the Holiday Season’. Continuing this trend, the AdWords blog gives some further advice regarding the holiday season.
- I love a good metaphor! So, how is landing page optimization like a Ferris wheel? I’m not sure if you’ve ever asked yourself this question but the Post-Click Marketing Blog has an answer for you! This article focuses on optimizing numerous variations of a series of landing pages. This way you are testing variations of your variations and optimizing every landing page for every user. Sort of. Good stuff.
- One of the tactics we touch on frequently is providing benefits and value to users in order to enhance your PPC campaign performance. The Marketing Experiments Blog has culled together a series of resources that will help you optimize your value proposition.
- What is the future of search? Julie Batten at the Clickz Blog has some interesting predictions for the future of search. Basically, according to Julie, search is nowhere near maturity. Bring on the future!
- We have often stated that you need to be tracking calls that are generated by your landing pages in order to properly monitor your lead generation, and attribute your leads correctly. One way to do this is with call tracking and now you can track calls through Google Analytics. You can get more details on tracking your leads here!
- It’s not every day that I read something exciting about adCenter. However, this announcement that Microsoft and Facebook have inked a deal to put adCenter ads (and search results) into Facebook is great!
Browse By Category
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.