PPC News Roundup for October 24th, 2008
October 24, 2008
- We start off today’s roundup with reports! Thrilling! In all seriousness, Google Analytics is adding some new features that will make it even more useful, including custom reports, integration with AdSense, Motion Charts, and more. Plus, they have some videos that offer more insight into how everything will work.
- Speaking of reports, AdWords isn’t slacking either. Google unveiled the new Impression Share report, which as you might imagine, segments your specific ad impressions against total impressions in that particular market. Good stuff AdWords!
- This week, Google launched a new Retail blog that helps retailers optimize their ad campaigns and websites, drive free traffic, and control their marketing budgets. Another blog to add to the list I suppose.
- Ion Interactive has launched a lead generating online ROI calculator to try out. Further, they will give you a call and guide you through the process. The tool has the ability to calculate conversions, closes, revenue, expenses, ROI, and opportunity costs.
- Brad Geddes has a good post on understanding and recognizing keyword intent. He states that there are many keywords that have multiple meanings. For example, the word bleach could be a cleaning product or a Japanese television show. His advice, make sure you’re ad text is describing your product specifically so no one gets confused!
- Interested in testing displays on Google AdWords but you haven’t had the resources to get those ad designed and launched? Well, as always, Google is here to help! Google recently announced they launched the Display Ad Builder tool. Honestly, we haven’t tried this out yet… but we will soon!
- When Google AdWords Quality Score hammer drops what do you do? What does this even mean? This means when your Quality Score takes a big hit… that hit comes from the hammer, at least according to Portent Interactive. They posted a good article on how to tighten your PPC campaigns to help mitigate and avoid the dreaded hammer.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.