PPC News Roundup for October 3, 2007
October 3, 2007
- Jeremy Mays over at PPC Discussions is finally putting Adwords Campaign Optimizer versus a manual campaign optimization to the test. He has given his first few days stats which aren’t favoring the automatic campaign optimizer. So far, conversions are down, costs are up.
- Ross Dunn from Search Engine Guide gives tips on how to perform PPC keyword research before entering them into the Google platform. Categories he goes into are broad versus long-tail keywords, geo-targeting, initial phrases and keyword tools.
- The push to provide the best user experience possible continues as MSN AdCenter announces an update to their quality-based ranking system. There isn’t anything too shocking in this post as the tried-and-true approach to quality score management still rings true: be relevant to a user’s query, back up any promises made in your ad text, and have an easily navigable site.
- It’s important to know all of the PPC business models so that you can decide which is right for you and your business. Gordon Choi has done a good job of explaining the options available to you as a PPC advertiser. These various models apply only to AdWords.
- This post on persuasive ad copy reminds us to “understand how your customers think” when writing ads that will influence users to click! Other points to ponder: include a call to action, state a benefit/fill a need, and convey a sense of urgency.
- The MoreVisiblity blog offers a superb breakdown of optimizing and monitoring contextual advertising campaigns. They detail everything from account structure, bid management and reporting tactics for achieving the best results possible when using content.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.