January 4, 2011
Hang out with people who understand the web, work with some of the best companies nationwide, and spend your days where your talents and intelligence are appreciated and make a difference! Hanapin Marketing is now hiring, and we’re looking for talented people who love search engine marketing. Applications are due Monday, January 17, 2011 by 5 p.m.– so get started on that cover letter!
The ideal candidate…
- loves the Internet
- obsessively makes to do lists
- possesses a “whatever it takes” attitude
- feels comfortable talking to a CEO or Joe the plumber, and
- is eager and willing to tackle new experiences and situations.
Hanapin Marketing is an award-winning and fast-growing Internet marketing company, located in Bloomington, Indiana. We are hiring multiple Account Executives who will work with clients on search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click (PPC) advertising. While experience is a bonus, it’s not required, as we have a comprehensive and intensive 12-week training program to get you up to speed on everything we do.
- Account Management – You’ll work independently and with a team of other Account Executives and Assistant Account Executives on 5-10 SEO, PPC, and/or web development clients. Some are short-term consulting arrangements, while a vast majority are long-term engagements. You’ll be responsible for communicating with clients via email, phone and/or in-person.
- Tracking and Goal Setting – You’ll work with your clients to establish goals and to implement tracking for those goals, which can vary greatly in nature: rankings, traffic, leads, sales and/or revenue.
- Research, Analysis and Problem Solving – You’ll get your hands dirty with website audits, competitive research, keyword research, analysis of web analytics and much more. Additionally, you’ll research best practice strategies for both SEO and PPC and implement the best tactics to help your clients achieve their goals.
- Blogging – 25,000 people each month read Hanapin’s blogs. After 6-12 months, you’ll write for both SEO Boy and PPC Hero, our blogs that cover the search marketing industry.
- Marketing and Publicity – All Hanapin employees help grow the company through writing articles for the blogs, making content updates to our corporate website, writing proposals, speaking at conferences and seminars, networking and referring new clients, etc.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work on-site at Bloomington offices
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours as needed or required by client projects
- Eagerly willing to tackle unfamiliar problems and research “best practice” solutions
- Innate sense of urgency to complete projects quickly yet thoroughly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on the vital few instead of the trivial many
- Keen critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to “think on your feet”
- Can easily toggle between working independently and with others
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines
BONUS ROUND: IF YOU MEET ONE OF THESE, WE REALLY WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
- No professional office experience, but you’ve earned a degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, or communication.
- One year of experience:
- With SEO and/or PPC, either in-house or at an agency; or
- As an account manager at a traditional advertising agency.
- Or 2+ years of experience:
- As an in-house marketing manager; or
- In any web-oriented field (examples include, but aren’t limited to, blogging, email marketing, social media, and web analytics).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive annual salary, paid every two weeks via direct deposit
- Paid time off for vacation, personal days, sick time and holidays
- Self-scheduled working hours (eight hours from 7 am to 7 pm) after six months of employment
- 100+ hours of initial and on-going training annually
- Simple IRA
- Health, life, vision and dental insurance
- Additional benefits such as tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance
- Use of company laptop plus a second monitor
- Casual dress
- Performance reviews at 30/60/90/180 days and annually thereafter
- Opportunity for raises every 12 months
- No bureaucracy – direct and regular contact with our executive team
- NEW OFFICE IN DOWNTOWN BLOOMINGTON IN THE CERTIFIED TECH PARK!!!
HOW TO APPLY
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As the body of your email, include:
- A short but sweet bio/intro
- A blog (personal or work related) you read regularly and why
- Why this particular position and why Hanapin interests you
- Where you learned about the job opening
- If you’ve applied for a position here more than three months ago, please denote that and also include two examples of areas you’ve improved in or skills you’ve acquired — since the last time you applied — that would make you more valuable to our organization.
- Attach your resume as a PDF.
- Apply no later than 5 pm (EST) on Monday, January 17, 2011. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
HOW THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
- Within one business day of submitting your application, we’ll notify you if you’ve made it to the first round.
- Due to the number of anticipated applications, we cannot respond to everyone who applies.
- If you are selected for the first round, for all subsequent rounds you’ll be notified via email if you do or don’t move on.
- There are four rounds to our interview process:
- written questions/answers via email
- a telephone interview with two team members
- a reception and information session
- a face-to-face interview with two more team members.
- While we will accept applications until 5 pm (EST) on Monday, January 17, 2011, we’ll begin the first round as soon as we begin receiving applications.
FIVE REASONS TO WORK FOR HANAPIN MARKETING
- Culture. You want to work for a firm that has a friendly, results-oriented culture. Our people are intelligent, dynamic and fun. We support one another, and we are invested in the success of our staff and clients. We are receptive to new ideas, and we encourage and value input from our staff.
- Knowledge. You want to work for a company that emphasizes training and on-going learning. We invest significant time and resources into training our staff and promoting their professional development. Our president and CEO is an adjunct professor at Indiana University, teaching one of the nation’s few courses on search marketing. Our employees routinely speak at conferences such as Get Your MBO and Blog Indiana. Additionally, more than 25,000 people each month read our blogs on SEO and PPC.
- Trust. You want to work for a firm that is trusted by successful companies to grow their businesses. Hanapin boasts over 100 clients nationally. Our clients include Inc 500 winners, Fortune 500 companies and local powerhouses such as Author Solutions and Cook Medical. Some of our clients have even started new divisions because they knew we could support their search marketing efforts.
- Growth. You want to work for a financially stable company that’s growing quickly, but intelligently. Hanapin was founded seven years ago, has been profitable since our inception, carries zero debt and has grown revenues a minimum of double-digits each year.
- Leadership. You want to work for a company that is a respected authority. In 2007, we won the Fuse Business Award for Innovative Business of the Year, sponsored by the Small Business Development Center and inVenture. In 2008, we were a finalist for the BKD Indiana Excellence Awards, one of only five companies in the service category. And, in 2009, we were one of 19 companies chosen by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation and SBDC for their first economic entrepreneurship award.