Google Announces New Shipping Configuration Tool for Shopping Campaigns
August 6, 2014
Google announced yesterday on Inside AdWords that they’ve developed a solution to the common frustration of shipping price inaccuracies between what is displayed on the SERP, versus what is displayed on the final check out screen.
Google asserts that their new shipping configuration tool will help advertisers show more accurate total prices to shoppers.
Within this tool, shipping rates will be configured in conjunction with the following information:
- Shipping rules: Select from an expanded list of shipping methods, including customizable methods based on a hierarchical set of rules.
- Multiple shipping methods: Differentiate between various shipping methods, such as ground versus express, for the same country, so Google can display the lowest possible price to the user.
- Customization based on location: Configure rates based on shipping destination using countries, states, or cities.
- Simplified exclusion options: Indicate when products do not ship to certain regions.
- Reusable shared library: Create a repository of shipping methods you can reuse across various custom configurations.
Here’s a first glance at what the tool will look like in the flesh.
Google has also added a new shipping attribute, which means advertisers will be able to utilize shipping labels for specific products. You can then apply shipping configurations to the label, which can be applied across products.
Google has done advertisers the favor of migrating their current shipping settings into the new tool. If you’re looking for more information, you’re in luck. On September 16th, Google will be hosting a Hangout to cover best practices. You can sign up for the event here.
(featured image by Louis Vest/Flickr)
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.