Google Announces New Shipping Configuration Tool for Shopping Campaigns
August 6, 2014
Google announced yesterday on Inside AdWords that they’ve developed a solution to the common frustration of shipping price inaccuracies between what is displayed on the SERP, versus what is displayed on the final check out screen.
Google asserts that their new shipping configuration tool will help advertisers show more accurate total prices to shoppers.
Within this tool, shipping rates will be configured in conjunction with the following information:
- Shipping rules: Select from an expanded list of shipping methods, including customizable methods based on a hierarchical set of rules.
- Multiple shipping methods: Differentiate between various shipping methods, such as ground versus express, for the same country, so Google can display the lowest possible price to the user.
- Customization based on location: Configure rates based on shipping destination using countries, states, or cities.
- Simplified exclusion options: Indicate when products do not ship to certain regions.
- Reusable shared library: Create a repository of shipping methods you can reuse across various custom configurations.
Here’s a first glance at what the tool will look like in the flesh.
Google has also added a new shipping attribute, which means advertisers will be able to utilize shipping labels for specific products. You can then apply shipping configurations to the label, which can be applied across products.
Google has done advertisers the favor of migrating their current shipping settings into the new tool. If you’re looking for more information, you’re in luck. On September 16th, Google will be hosting a Hangout to cover best practices. You can sign up for the event here.
Browse By Category
Seven insights hiding in Google’s new Christmas shopping research
In December 2017, Google released a set of statistics about the Christmas shopping season. Use these insights in AdWords to make this your best December ever.
Stop Using Google's First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Google's First Page Bid Estimates can't be trusted. Adjust your bid strategy based on average position and not using this metric.
Your Guide to Getting Organized for PPC Success
Organization is key to success in the PPC industry. Here is a guide to organizing your space, time, resources, and workload for efficient PPC management.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
A Reminder About Work-Life Balance
Proper Work-Life Balance Is Something Easily Forgotten. Here Is A Reminder That It's Okay To Have A Life Outside Of Work & Constantly Checking Performance.
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.