Morning Clicks: Advertisers are Butt of Jokes from Adobe/HBO, and More.
August 6, 2014
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- Wherein Adobe unveils an humorous ad, and oblivious marketers are the butt of the joke. [Digital Buzz Blog]
- Look’s like Time Inc’s digital advertising initiatives saw considerable growth in their first solo quarter. [Advertising Age]
- HBO is a unique platform in that it needn’t cater to advertisers. So here’s John Oliver’s 11 minute long criticism of native advertising. (Explicit Content Warning) [YouTube]
- Everyone wants their marketing optimizations to be driven by data. Here are 5 steps to ensure they are. [AdAge]
- Half of all mobile users are not down with in-store tracking. [eMarketer]
- And today’s epic conversion rate optimization initiative stars WalMart! [AdAge]
- Targeting students in the UK? Looks like mobile’s a good bet. [eMarketer]
Latest From PPC Hero:
- PPC Hero Guest, Gianpaolo Lorusso, expounds on some quick ways to find out how optimized your accounts are.
- Kayla Kurtz provides some great insights on the importance of a client and that client’s agency sharing values.
- Eric Couch demonstrates how to valiantly combat the low-search volume monster.
(featured image by Amanda/Flickr)
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.