PPC Hero Landing Page Optimization Podcast - GreensBoro500.com
September 15, 2009
Today’s PPC Hero Landing Page Optimization Podcast will focus on the Greensboro500.com PPC Landing Page, submitted by Nick. Nick said in his submission that this page is about 8 months old, and conversion rates have been declining since that time. They are geotargeted such that ads only appear to searchers within a ten mile radius of their office.
The PPC Hero team has provided some tips on some elements of the site and PPC account structure that could be modified to provide a better user experience, PPC quality score, and increase overall conversion rates. During our discussion we focused on these areas:
• Keywords should be placed in specialized ad groups by searcher intent, and should also appear in the ad text for their ad group and on the landing page.
• Using “trust symbols” such as association membership symbols or security symbols on the site can increase visitor trust and increase the likelihood of conversion.
• A concise contact form is appropriate, but the page should give users an idea of the benefits they will directly receive by filling out the contact form, direct them to fill out the form, and make it more apparent (in a headline for the form) what action you want them to perform.
• Using different methods to geotarget searchers may assist in reaching a wider, but still very relevant, audience.
Nick’s core keywords include:
houses for sale, houses for rent, rent to own houses, homes for sale, homes for rent
or if you want to use another podcasting service, just use this link to add the feed.
PPC Hero Podcast Feed
Download MP3 podcast files:
1. PPC Hero Landing Page Optimization Podcast – GreensBoro500.com (12.7 MB, .mp3)
You will need the Adobe Flash Player to listen to the podcasts.
A sample ad text reads:
$2000 Total Move In!
Quick, Simple Process.
Here is a quick snapshot of GreensBoro500’s Landing Page:
Are you interested in having your landing page critiqued by the PPC Hero team? Don’t be shy! We’d love to hear from you. Check out our submission guidelines and send us your information!
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.