Almost half of the users are not willing to go beyond page two of Amazon’s search results. Besides, some of them often end up buying the top item cataloged on the site’s results page. SEO and PPC are the two reinforced blocks each website marketing mode should have as its foundation. If you are dreaming to enhance sales and magnify your eCommerce, combining SEO and PPC is one of the best techniques to kick off.
But first, what is the difference between SEO and PPC? And where does one begin?
Amazon SEO vs. Amazon PPC
Amazon SEO versus Amazon PPC pursue a similar result: to place your items higher in Amazon’s lookup results. This is critical because larger visibility means better sales.
However, while the goal is identical, the two tactics of the link-building SEO strategy are profoundly different.
SEO Increases Organic Ranking Over Time
SEO’s major focus is making products more visible. One of the ways to achieve that is by optimizing ads. The ad should include strategically important keywords to shape click-through and ratio. The better the keywords, the more clicks you will get.
A potential buyer visits the homepage and enters a lookup term or keyword in the search field. The results page shows the most popular and well-optimized items unless you use filters.
The method consists of two steps:
- Keyword optimization: Making a list of identical phrases by which you expect people to find the desired item in the merchandise catalog;
- Content optimization: Top-notch pertinent images, texts, comments, etc. improving CTR, conversion rate (RC), and overall commerce.
Here are some important factors to remember:
- Optimize the titles: Be sure to integrate two to three search keywords and stay within the website’s limit of characters;
- Use short-tail and long-tail keywords wisely: Short-tail keywords work great for item names. They are easily identifiable by search engines, but to make sure your goods are on the list, don’t use phrases that are too general. Long-tails are better for descriptions and FAQ sections;
- Hierarchy of importance: As you upgrade your page fulfillment, you should rank your KWs in order of value. Start with the commodity name, close words used next to it in search, background terms, specialized domain, and merchandise details;
- Avoid oversaturating your content with keywords: Long headlines and item descriptions damage the perception of the page. The outcome is a bad client experience or none at all.
By adjusting the titles and descriptions, you’ll already raise the natural visibility of your items. This will help boost your product’s sales on this keyword when a client visits the lookup field. For quicker results, users choose to post articles with their backlinks on platforms for professional SEO, such as Adsy.
The major advantage is that there is no charge for the indexing of SEO ad products. This means that the item emerges on the screen when there comes a right pairing without fees or your full control.
The downside is that you might spend a lot of time adding merchandise to scale up and achieve more significant visual SEO results.
PPC Enhances Commerce At Once
Amazon PPC, meaning pay-per-click, is passphrase-based bidding in which vendors bid to place an advertisement for a specific keyword. On the website, bidding means trading at the second price. It implies that you will no longer be obliged to pay what you are delivering on this phrase. You pay a penny more than the second-highest offer for this phrase.
Image source: sellics.com
For instance, if you offer $4.00 on one keyword and your competitor offers $3.50, you are to pay $3.51 to defeat the proposal of your rival. This means your goods will emerge, including this phrase or search word. This may be carried out manually or automatically:
- Manual PPC campaigns make it possible for advertisers to bid on a particular phrase that matches merchandise;
- PPC’s machine operations put ads predicated on SEO in each advert.
By conducting more sales for a particular phrase, you can enhance your brand awareness by increasing conversions about lookup queries. If the promotion is done properly, you’ll see results in a very short time.
How the Methods Work Together
A powerful combination of these techniques contributes to even greater enhancements in ranking and conversions. There’s no better option, you should use both methods together to build up audience and sales.
Here’s how SEO and PPC coexist.
SEO Helps to Drive Prosperous PPC Campaigns
Making advertisements on a website is all about relevance. This means they will only work and be displayed if the SEO/PPC operation is intact and if they are appropriate to users’ demands. Also, PPC operations can only function if a product catalog has first been enhanced for respective keywords, exploiting SEO.
The expected outcome of every PPC operation is an escalation in sales. This occurs when clients go to an item page and become buyers, which means they convert. And what is helping to strengthen TRC and RC? Of course, SEO.
PPC Maintains Organic Ranking
Sales play a leading role in the organic classification of a product. As a result, the more sales are generated through PPC advertisements, the better the outcome.
This has a particularly important effect on new products. Recently added merchandise, as a rule, does not present a major selling history. For this reason, it goes without yield data, which harms organic ranking at first. PPC may change this by leading traffic to the catalog of goods and consequently encourages commerce.
If you need to choose one of the two mentioned tactics to start within your promotion journey, it is recommended to kick off with SEO, focusing on proper keyword choice. A decent list of well-chosen KWs will improve the following PPC operations.
SEO and PPC should function simultaneously as the two components of an online campaign. There’s no way one method will interact with another one in a harmful way for your business.
These are two separate efficient marketing implements that will improve your selling performance on Amazon. However, their effects can be magnified even more when the two strategies are united.